Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By prston
  • 1 Post By whitenobody
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default allshare cast dongle s/w app

Ok so I had my first mobile. .(.when they were invented) now I have a Samsung s5. I am computer literate but Not so much with all the latest technology.
    I want to remove the allcast dongle app, it came with the phone. I read the access rights and I do not want an app that can access/modify or delete my data and even record or video etc without my permission.
    Looking online it seems that I can't just delete these unwanted apps but I have heard that if I root the phone I will be able to easily remove unwanted apps etc.
    Can anyone offer any advice? For example is rooting a simple process and does it alter the functionality? Thanks

Default Re: allshare cast dongle s/w app

No one ever replied to this? I just now discovered the allshare update on my S5 Active, and I'm not to happy with all of the permissions either. It can basically do ANYTHING I can do, and probably more! Not cool at all.

So, I have the same questions as the OP did. Is AllShare safe? Or can I remove it?

I found this app on my S5 today. First thing I did was go into the Google Play App store and in my phone settings and make sure that "auto updates" was turned off. Then I went into the app manager and "uninstalled all updates," It says that takes it back to the original software that came on the phone and now shows that it taking up no space. So we will see if it stays that way next time Samsung updates the phone software.

I know that you can force stop that allcast dongle and like previously said, uninstall updates. BUT I would LOVE to know how to uproot a lot of preinstalled apps. That take up space on a phone that I/ME paid for. I didn't get a Samsung discount by opting for ads when I bought my phone so since I'm sure Samsung makes extra money by letting companies preinstall (same as advertising) onto my phone then I should be allowed to remove them.

I am wondering the same thing, so I wish someone would reply to this post. This app is constantly updating. I have disabled it in the past but now got a new phone and sometimes these pre-installed apps are somehow linked so if u turn one off it messes up another. Surely somebody out there can answer this question.

So what your say is that this intire thing is the only reason I get ads almost every time I do something on my phone...

I just reset my s5 and had the option of selecting what apps I wanted to be installed back on phone. I did not select he allshare app or the Samsung link. I believe someone I do work for who is a computer guru hacked my phone and was getting all of my texts, voice, and emails. I hope this will solve the problem. I will keep you up to date.

Default AllShare Apps are Worthless Bloatware Unless You Buy AllShare Device

AllShare Cast is a Samsung hardware device that allows you stream content (ie. videos) from SPECIFIC Samsung mobile devices to a HDTV with an HDMI port. (The AllShare hardware device is connected to a HDTV via HDMI.) The AllShare apps connect with the AllShare device.
    If you don't have an AllShare device, then you don't need the AllShare apps. Or if you have a Samsung Smart TV, you definitely don't need AllShare to connect TV with mobile device.
    AllShare apps can be safely frozen, blocked, or disabled (which, if you know how, can be done without rooting your phone on KitKat to v5.1.1.) Deleting AllShare apps requires a rooted phone. Blocking or disabling AllShare apps is the safest method.
    DavidABurton likes this.

The app also automatically installed itself on my Samsung Galaxy Camera 2. I dont know how or why. however, I went to the settings and turned "OFF" "screen sharing". It also gives me the option to uninstall it in the Google Play App Store! Hope this helps. Not sure if its safe or what. Not sure how it downloaded itself on there after having the camera for a year.

I don't care what this app is for, or why it is there, the problem I have is that my battery drains around 2% every minute I actively use my phone. If I force stop Allshare Cast Dongle, my battery drains 1% or so every 5 minutes. If Dongle is active and I play a game the battery will drain whilst plugged in. What makes it even more awesome is that this Dongle cannot be removed.
    DavidABurton likes this.

Lightbulb Re: allshare cast dongle s/w app

I was obsessed with getting rid of allshare cast from my S3 at one stage and managed to delete the app successfully. I recently had a major problem with the phone and a reset to factory defaults and guess what, the allshare cast app is back! Because I reset the phone there is none of the crapware that was on it before and I only use about 3% of power per hour!

I remove AllShare Cast Dongle S/W update and it is added back on within minutes of me removing the app. I believe my phone a Note 2, has been hacked. How can I stop the App from being reinstalled without my permission. I don't want the app nor do I need it.