Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default allshare cast dongle s/w app

Ok so I had my first mobile. .(.when they were invented) now I have a Samsung s5. I am computer literate but Not so much with all the latest technology.
    I want to remove the allcast dongle app, it came with the phone. I read the access rights and I do not want an app that can access/modify or delete my data and even record or video etc without my permission.
    Looking online it seems that I can't just delete these unwanted apps but I have heard that if I root the phone I will be able to easily remove unwanted apps etc.
    Can anyone offer any advice? For example is rooting a simple process and does it alter the functionality? Thanks

Default Re: allshare cast dongle s/w app

No one ever replied to this? I just now discovered the allshare update on my S5 Active, and I'm not to happy with all of the permissions either. It can basically do ANYTHING I can do, and probably more! Not cool at all.

So, I have the same questions as the OP did. Is AllShare safe? Or can I remove it?