Unlocked Tmobile Galaxy S 3 ~NOOB~

A

AC Question

I know nothing about phones really. I bought this phone off a friend who bought it brand new . Its not rooted or anything. I had T-Mobile unlock it for me. I went to factory reset it because i wanted to sell it. It came up with errors , like it couldn't mount /data or /cache . I clicked to reboot the phone. Now its stuck on the T-Mobile Loading screen.

Whyy???? How do i fix this?? Omg i needed the money to pay the electric bill!

SeriousLag

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
It took me to recovery mode and thats where the error pops up that it 'failed to mount /data'
I know how to put it back in recovery mode but its not helping anything. i have no idea what to do.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, I thought you'd just tried the factory reset. I'll do some thinking and get back on it if nobody else replies.

By the way is the friend a good friend?

Posted via Android Central App

SeriousLag

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
She got a brand new phone at the time (always has to have the latest) thats the only reason she was selling.
I actually cleared the cache and data in recovery mode , then rebooted, it was on the tmobile loading screen for awhile , then finally turned on.
I'm afraid to sell it though because of this. Do you think this would be a recurring issue?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean you'd managed to clear data and cache partition when you first posted? I was under the impression you'd tried and failed. So you're saying you succeeded but the phone took ages to fully reboot afterwards, stuck on the T-mobile screen? Or did you have another go at getting into Recovery? (I'm sorry, I've woken before dawn and I hardly know what I'm saying.) If you need to sell quick to pay your bill you can't really test it yourself for a while. Perhaps just be upfront with the buyer.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech