LG G2 T Mobile : Power button won't turn off display but raises volume instead.

A

AC Question

I never had this problem before and I have had this phone a good few months and always kept a protection case on it, barley drop it.Ok so the power button does turn the screen on but it won't turn it off. It just raises the phones volume level, yes it may seen like I am pressing the volume button but I look at the power button when I press it. I have tried countless things and sent around the settings but nothing works. When I am logged into my phone I can't turn the screen off, can't when I am on lock screen either. The only way for me to turn off and restart my phone is to hold the power button and one of the arrow keys as well which I also find is a problem, please help!!

Themfeels101

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
No I haven't but I am alittle afraid to, I have so much data and then I have notes in my phone I don't wanna lose, my pictures and contacts are backed up but my notes aren't and some of them are very long. I planned on going to the store maybe tomorrow but I am trying to get this issue resolved before I go so that there is no need to.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Then sounds like a hardware problem. You can use an app like screen on off fx to turn the screen off.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3