image privacy

U

Unregistered

Hi frnz
Im using samsung note 3 Neo...
I shared few important camera pics and a small video clip with my friend through whatsapp....after I sent these ,I deleted these from whatsapp gallary and the whatsapp folder. ....
Now my question is... are there any other places in Neo where these are saved?
Basically I dont want these images n video to be anywhere in my mobile...
Please help me to confirm whether I hv deleted all th files from my mobiles...
Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whatsapp only stores video/pictures in those folders. Now it even has the option to delete the actual media file if you delete it from the message itself. But yeah, going into the Gallery and finding those two Whatsapp folders should show everything that is stored in your device.

Keep in mind that if you have some sort of Cloud back up service set up to transfer picture/video files automatically to your account, those files MAY be somewhere else even after you delete them from the Whatsapp folders, it depends on the cloud service/app you're using.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi frnz
Im using samsung note 3 Neo...
I shared few important camera pics and a small video clip with my friend through whatsapp....after I sent these ,I deleted these from whatsapp gallary and the whatsapp folder. ....
Now my question is... are there any other places in Neo where these are saved?
Basically I dont want these images n video to be anywhere in my mobile...
Please help me to confirm whether I hv deleted all th files from my mobiles...
Thanks

Good data recovery can always nurse 'm back to the light, mate.
The only way to make really sure is to physically completely and utterly destroy the device. Like with a sledgehammer or by having a train roll over it.
And then they still aren't gone!
Because they are still on the WhatsApp servers, linked to you...
WhatsApp is now owned by Facebook, who got fat of 'monetizing' private stuff.
Who knows, they could even release it to someone with the right credentials.
Those files are now out there forever, my friend.
So if those files of yours were stolen copies of the Pentagon's Star Wars strategies then you've got a big problem indeed...
If OTOH they are naughty pics and vids then I'll have a look in my collection. You never know! :D

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, talk about paranoid... OK, from a VERY good authority I can tell you, those files are NOT in Whatsapp's servers forever. After you send them, only about two weeks can they remain there and then they are lost (this is because the person you sent the message to doesn't have to be online for them to get the file). After the person you sent them to downloads them, an even smaller timer starts and they're only kept for about a week.

But like the poster above said, with REALLY good data forensics tools, you can always recover deleted data if you know where to look. Also, since you sent the file to someone else, there's no telling what they did with them and if they stored them elsewhere or sent them to YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech