Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default What does unmount and mount mean?

I am having problems having my micro sd card recognized. I heard if you unmount and mount the sd card something good may happen?

Default Re: What does unmount and mount mean?

Unmount and mount simply means insert the card into your device, or remove it. If you are having trouble, the card may be bad. Did you buy from a trustworthy retailer? Could you try another card?

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks BELODION. Yes I have a new but questionable pny card from a third party on amazon.
    I tried my other non questionable card a SANDISK card and still have no data or files that should be recognized

If you go in to your settings look for the storage option there you'll get the option to unmount/remove SD card. Every time you need to unmount/remove your card you need to select unmount or you'll risk losing all your data.

Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    If you go in to your settings look for the storage option there you'll get the option to unmount/remove SD card. Every time you need to unmount/remove your card you need to select unmount or you'll risk losing all your data.

(Sorry, I didn't know that bit.)

Thank you. Excellent answer. I am not seeing this option listed on the storage page. I have a Blu Life Play x Smartphone. Since I am getting the message of no sd card here maybe that is why I am not getting the unmount/mount option.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Crabb View Post
    Thank you. Excellent answer. I am not seeing this option listed on the storage page. I have a Blu Life Play x Smartphone. Since I am getting the message of no sd card here maybe that is why I am not getting the unmount/mount option.
    So are you saying that multiple microSD cards have not been recognized by your phone? What about in your computer (desktop or laptop)? You'll need a fullsize SD card adapter to plug it into your computer (if the cards didn't come with one, they're very cheap to buy). If the computer can't recognize them either, then they could be unformatted, faulty, or just plain fake.

However, if the computer does recognize them, then I would wonder about your phone's SD slot. Are you sure you've inserted the microSD card all the way in? On most devices, you should feel the card click into place, and then to remove it again, you need to push in until you hear another click, after which it will pop out. If the microSD cards are fully seated and still not working, but the cards can be read on your computer, then you have a problem with your phone's SD slot.