Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can SOMEONE give me a hand here? I'm going nuts.

I use my phone to watch anime online. So earlier yesterday I got a message showing across my phone that said "Unlock device to use as media device" . I had no idea what this was I just tried watching again
    But for some reason it doesn't allow me to click on the video and watch. So I tried reseting, turning it off and on, removing the battery, sd card, NOTHING has worked. That message still shows and it's getting on my nerves. So can someone tell me what I should do.

(I also tried calling the customer support. As nice as she was she didn't know either).

Default Re: Can SOMEONE give me a hand here? I'm going nuts.

Welcome to Android Central! What device are you using, running which version of Android? What wireless carrier are you using? What site are you using to watch the anime? Are you accessing via wi-fi or mobile data?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

-GalaxyS4 mini
    -Samsung
    -Animepalm.com (It was working up until this happened)
    -I'm using wifi

I checked out that site (it's actually animepalm.tv now), and I wonder if that message was actually a popup ad. Try watching a video again, and if you see that message again, see if there is a close button (like an X in a corner of the message), or press the Back button.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Actually the message appears on my lock screen

I'm confused. It says "Unlock Device to Use as a Media Device" on the lockscreen--so if you unlock the device by swiping to unlock or entering your PIN or whatever, then what do you do? I assume you go to the browser and try to watch the video on animepalm.tv. So you try to watch a video on that site through the browser? If those videos use Flash, then you typically won't be able to view them, since Flash is not officially supported by Android any more (although there are some browsers that will support older Flash versions, if you can find them). Were you ever able to view those videos on your phone, and suddenly you can't?

I would also be very cautious about that site in general. When I checked it out, there were a number of popups and redirects when selecting a few options (one link redirected me to the Google Play Store). One of the sponsor ads was showing a video that was ... interesting, to say the least.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That's what I have trouble understanding myself. IF I knew how to post a photo to the site I would....but I'm clueless. No I watch the video itself through the Android System. Before this happened I would go to the site and click the video, giving me the choices of Video Player or Android. Now all it does it just show a shot of the episode and when I click it it does nothing.

I'm sorry you saw that. Honestly I never payed attention and believe it or not never even seen those ads.

Go to your App Manager, tap the Menu button, and select Reset All App Preferences. Now see if the video will play on your Video Player.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

No dice sir. But is there away to save my music and other apps somewhere. I'm tempted to reset the phone I don't want to have search for stuff again.