Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail - New Folders?

Can some one tell me how to create a new folder in Gmail? Also can the folder if it can be created, can it be created from the mobile app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Gmail - New Folders?

I don't think you can create a new folder on the mobile app--only on the main website. Go to Gmail on your computer, click on the gear at the upper right, then Settings, then Labels--you can create a new one there. I couldn't find this option on the mobile Gmail website, so you either have to use the Gmail site on your computer, or use the full (non-mobile) Gmail site on your device.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

B, Diddy, you are correct. Don't know why we can't create a new label / folder from the Gmail app on the smartphone. Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, there are often some limitations to the mobile app compared to the website. Not sure how they decide which functions to include. You could always send Google feedback within the Gmail app by swiping in from the left, scrolling all the way down, and tapping Send Feedback.