Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Makenzie_Ann

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 No Charging!!

This is really important. It went completely dead te other day and I just now was able to plug it in. Well today. I plugged it in a few hours ago. But see, previously I broke the charger. Like the wall outlet plug. And so I've been using the wall outlet plug to the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 , because adapters like the one for my iPhone doesn't really work. Actually none of them do. Anyways, so it's been plugged in but all it does is blink between two photos. It starts as one that is a giant centered battery icon with some sort of loading symbol. Then it goes to a giant centered battery icon with five dots below, indicating it's loading or whatever and the battery slowly fills up with blue. As if it were to show it's charging. I've been able to power it on , and the battery in te bottom left corner is empty and has a red 'X' over it. And then it just shuts down back to the battery pictures. It won't even stay on long enough to get to one percent and it doesn't seem to be charging. Since it's been plugged in for hours. Please help! This is really important!! This is my dads tablet but he never ever used it. It's like it's mine now, but it isn't. I'm really worried it won't turn on like ever.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 No Charging!!

Welcome to Android Central! As a bestselling guide once said, Don't Panic! What amperage does the plug from the Galaxy Player deliver? You might need a magnifying glass to read it. Try to compare that with the plug from the tablet (if you still have it). If the amperage is significantly lower with the Player's plug, then it may be that the current is too low to charge, or that it is just charging very slowly. I'd leave it plugged in for at least 12 hours without disturbing it and then try to start it again. Another thing to consider would be to go to your nearest electronic store and look for a generic charger, and see if it works any better. Or you could just plug it into your computer via USB, which should charge it, albeit pretty slowly.

The main concern would be how long it was dead for--that is, how long did you wait between when it initially ran out of battery and when you plugged it in to charge. If a modern lithium battery drops to true zero, it's irreversibly discharged--i.e., it's dead, Jim. All devices don't let this happen--if they report the battery to be 0%, it still has a small amount of charge left, and the device automatically shuts down to save the battery. But the thing is, a battery in a device that is powered off will still discharge slowly, so you're not out of the woods. If the battery remains uncharged for too long, it will discharge to true zero, in which case there's not much else to do besides look into replacing the battery.
    Thanked by:
    Hany Zayed likes this.

well, I think I should thank you for the hint about the true zero discharging, yet its hard to accept that there is nothing to be done with it, is there anything could be tried with that??

and this is to mention about my case, i'm having a Galaxy Star Dues GT-S5282, at the night it was warning me about the low battery, but as sometimes "it would last for the morning", or "what the heck, let it be shut off, at least no one could reach me over the night while sleeping" then in the morning and while reaching for the wall to plug it in, i was trying to boot it up, and it has booted to the home screen and still loading the sim cards and sd and so on, then it went out in a second, it hasn't shut down, just went out.

then no matter what or for how long i'm trying to charge, it is dead, so i'm guessing this True Zero Discharge is an option.

Thank You

Welcome to Android Central! If the battery isn't quite to true zero yet, you can plug it into a wall outlet and let it sit for a while, like 24 hrs without disturbing it (like frequently trying to power it up to see if it's working), and see if it is able to recharge back up. If it's at true zero, then it's gone.