Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation samsung galaxy s2 sgh-t989 wiped firmware

ok so me being the ***** i am decided to mess with the firm ware of my sgh-t989 and accidenly wiped everything on it out its now a blank shell with team win recovery project as the only thing left on the phone
    i tried flashing a new OS onto it and it wont work can someone plz help me? im going nuts trying to fix it

Default Re: samsung galaxy s2 sgh-t989 wiped firmware

At this stage I would look into getting your hands on Odin and the proper " tar " file to flash your device back to bone stock. Looks like your attempts to flash something from TWRP hasn't worked out yet?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Exclamation Re: samsung galaxy s2 sgh-t989 wiped firmware

yea issue there it odin wont install any firmware i download anychance u can give me the link to some stock firmware? couldnt find any thx

Tried looking at sammobile.com?
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

yea it wont install that i tried downloading the unknown carrier firmware and it wouldnt install

From searching the model number you provided that is a T Mobile version of the S2. So I would go with T-Mo firmware for starters.
    Paul

ok ill try that thx

it didnt even install the carrier version of the firmware