Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Pictures corrupted Soulution Help

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 its about a year old. Recently when I take pictures with it, they last for about 10minutes. Auto Backup seems to recover most of them. Then an icon appears (black square with an icon in the middle) some times I see a, "Data lost message". I have a Scandisk ultra 64gb card. This is where I store most of my pictures. I am thinking some how this card has become corrupted.
    My question is how do I fix this? Will reformatting the card fix this? I really do not want to do a factory reset. I do not want to lose my text message history as well. How can I back up my messaging history?

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Pictures corrupted Soulution Help

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 its about a year old. Recently when I take pictures with it, they last for about 10minutes. Auto Backup seems to recover most of them. Then an icon appears (black square with an icon in the middle) some times I see a, "Data lost message". I have a Scandisk ultra 64gb card. This is where I store most of my pictures. I am thinking some how this card has become corrupted.
    My question is how do I fix this? Will reformatting the card fix this? I really do not want to do a factory reset. I do not want to lose my text message history as well. How can I back up my messaging history?
    I think it may be related to the sd card - you can try a reformat, but I think it may reoccur. Here's another thread with a similar issue, and it seems that a reformat did the trick: Best Sd Card for Samsung Galaxy S4? Mine keep getting corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    20,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Pictures corrupted Soulution Help

A reformat will probably work, but here is the catch: your card already has issues. Its only a meter of time before they arise again. And next time, you may not be able to recover anything.
    Your PC should be able to check for errors.
    [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card

Once you get everything sorted, I would highly suggest to back everything up on your PC.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here