Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Best way for wireless charging?

Hello all, I've been watching videos and reading reviews of the best (and cheapest) way to charge my phone wirelessly. Unfortunately, most of the products I've come across have a rather hefty pricetag, but I'm okay with that if I'm getting a quality product.

My personal issue is charging my phone in my car. I currently have a pretty obnoxious setup - a standard dual USB port that plugs into the cigarette lighter of my car with a charging cord specifically for the S5.

Cheap, yes, but effective, no. I drive a small car with little leg room and having a long wire, not to mention plugging my phone in every time I want to charge it, has become more of a pain than it is effective. So far I've looked at the Samsung wireless charging cover and the RavPower Qi enabled wireless charger. I have a flat platform in my car so I can set the charging pad on the console and set my phone on the charging pad. Is there a cheaper option to do this, or should I take the hit and spend $60 on the RavPower pad? Also, since it's a wireless product, would I have to charge it frequently? Sorry for all the rambling but I figured you guys could help me the most. Thanks in advance.