Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Trying to decide between G3 and S5..

I haven't had a phone in months, and I'm about to get one of these on contract. Now, I do use a Note 10.1 (2012) daily.

On the S5 side of things, waterproof sounds amazing to me. Huge selling point. But, I don't like the idea of using two devices with different menu buttons. Flipflopping with the backwards+physical to regular+onscreen seems obnoxious.

On G3 side, I like that it uses on screen menu buttons. The big question is the screen brightness. That AMOLED on the S5 looks gorgeous, am I going to regret picking a G3 for consistency in usability if that means a screen dimmer than the S5?

Overall I like the S5 much better, but I'm afraid I'll get frustrated with the different layout with a device I use often. Insight would be appreciated.

Default Re: Trying to decide between G3 and S5..

I can't think of any obvious reason, apart from common sense and money, for not choosing both. I own three and enjoy them all. One of those is a G3....you've probably taken a look at the discussions in the LG G3 forum, and those in S5. Both are superb devices.

Posted via Android Central App