Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Battery too low

Hey all,

Recently my wife's phone stopped charging and after reading online I've came to the conclusion that it was due to a faulty charing port so since I had a Galaxy S4 with a broken screen laying around I've decided to replace the broken one.

Now the phone recognizes the charger but I get a message saying that battery temperature is too low and it won't charge. I have even tried replacing the motherboard along with the charging port thinking that maybe they both had to be the same but still get the same message. After returning the charging port back to the broken phone, it still charges perfectly so there's got to be something else. The only thing that I cannot replace on her phone is this little ribbon cable that is tucked beneath the case itself (I can't get to it).

Could it be that her phone is the white version and mine is the black one? The part number on the charging ports are slightly different. It's the only thing that I can think of.