Accidentally "cut" pictures

G

Gina

Hi there... I really hope you can help me! I'm currently on a trip and have been using my point and shoot camera as a main camera. I made sure to buy micro SD cards and an adapter to regular SD cards so that I could then transfer photos to my tablet. Now I've run into a problem... I usually just move the photos right to Dropbox, but this time I wanted them on my tablet's hard drive. So I selected the fifty or so pictures and figured that nice little arrow button was "move"... Not so much. So now I've cut these pictures, and the tablet tells me they've been copied. So I hit the paste button that popped up, but it didn't work because it said the destination folder was the same as the host. And now the pictures are gone. Please tell me they're just hidden somewhere?? I can't find a way to "paste" them anywhere, and pulling up my clipboard only gives me text.

Please help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What tablet are you using? Are you saying that you transferred the microSD card from your camera to the tablet, and then used some file manager to try to move the photos on the card to your tablet's internal storage? What file manager did you use? And what was the arrow button that you thought would move the files--can you show us a screenshot?

Gina1992

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, sorry I've now created an account - same person!

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8". I wasn't using any file manager, just the My Files application. I have an SD card that I use in my camera, that I then inserted into my tablet. From the SD card files screen, I selected some photos and meant to move or export them to my devices internal storage.

http://imgur.com/MiLOhAO

This is the screen, though for the internal storage since I've removed the SD card now in case they can be recovered on the computer at a later date. That little arrow next to the copy icon is what I pressed, assuming it meant Move, but that's not the case... Seems like a terrible button to have up there if you can't actually paste the files somewhere else, unless I'm just not understanding how to do so!