Nexus 5 screen/power button problem

RealHectorG

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I've been dealing with a horrible problem for months now with my Nexus 5 i bought in its release date. My issue is that when the screen is lock and I put the screen unlocked pattern its as if I hit the power button as soon as I finish the pattern, then screen turns black and it returns to its lock screen state. Sometimes my phones screen starts to flicker on and off for 15minutes to 2 hours this happens almost daily and is happening as I'm typing (I unlock the screen type a couple words and the screen goes off and I have to do the screen pattern again) its annoying its not the phone heating, it could be left alone for hours and the screen will flicker on and off. Could it be that the power button chip is jammed or is it the system. Thanks in advance guys

RealHectorG

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
i did the wipe cache still nothing my phone has been blinking non stop for about 2 days after an hour the phone gets hot, ive left it off for hours but as soon as I turn it back on in 20 so seconds it starts blinking again. what could the problem be? when I shut it off it allows me to use the phone for about 20 seconds everytime I turn it back on.

RealHectorG

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset, the phone gets hot pretty fast and starts blinking about in 5 minutes of use I switch it to airplane mode and it quit blinking, but as soon as I switch it back to normal in a couple of minutes it starts to blink non stop. More in detail as soon as I start watching a YouTube video the screen starts blinking also when I open up clash of clans. Someone told me it could be the battery

Ramkrishna Melgiri

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm having problems with power button, the mobile is turning off whenever I want to turn down or turn on the display. It all started when I updated to lollipop 5.0, I had no problems when my OS was KitKat 4.4.4 ,so it's a hardware issue?? Or the bug with lollipop update?? Please help me!! Thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with power button, the mobile is turning off whenever I want to turn down or turn on the display. It all started when I updated to lollipop 5.0, I had no problems when my OS was KitKat 4.4.4 ,so it's a hardware issue?? Or the bug with lollipop update?? Please help me!! Thank you

True factory reset and see if that helps.

utsav_thakur

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. With my Nexus 5 I'm facing the same problem. What happens is sometimes my phone just switches off automatically and then it tries to restart on its own. While restating, it displays Google and sometimes reaches to those 4 circular dots and then switches off again. This keeps on happening until I press the power button some 4-5 times to start normally.
When the phone is on, and I want to lock it, I press it once and instead of locking it shows me the 'power off' option. I've formatted my phone twice, cleared cache and all, but it hasn't helped me. What I believe is after researching is that its a hardware problem with the power button.
This was happened to me a few months ago where I didn't pay much heed, but now its happening very frequently. I suggest taking the phone to a service centre and replacing the power button.

Cool Dolan

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
This was happening with my Galaxy N7000 every time i press the power button it starts reboting,and it should lock it.
I bought a new silicone case for my phone and this problem just went off !
If this does not help spray some alchochol on power button and clean all the dirt!
Hope this helps ! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae