Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 screen/power button problem

Hi guys I've been dealing with a horrible problem for months now with my Nexus 5 i bought in its release date. My issue is that when the screen is lock and I put the screen unlocked pattern its as if I hit the power button as soon as I finish the pattern, then screen turns black and it returns to its lock screen state. Sometimes my phones screen starts to flicker on and off for 15minutes to 2 hours this happens almost daily and is happening as I'm typing (I unlock the screen type a couple words and the screen goes off and I have to do the screen pattern again) its annoying its not the phone heating, it could be left alone for hours and the screen will flicker on and off. Could it be that the power button chip is jammed or is it the system. Thanks in advance guys

Default Re: Nexus 5 screen/power button problem

Welcome to Android Central! It doesn't sound like a power button problem. Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data. Be aware that this process can take about 10 minutes on a Nexus 5, so just let it do its thing. [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i did the wipe cache still nothing my phone has been blinking non stop for about 2 days after an hour the phone gets hot, ive left it off for hours but as soon as I turn it back on in 20 so seconds it starts blinking again. what could the problem be? when I shut it off it allows me to use the phone for about 20 seconds everytime I turn it back on.

It may be time to consider a factory reset. Of course you'll lose everything not backed up.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I did a factory reset, the phone gets hot pretty fast and starts blinking about in 5 minutes of use I switch it to airplane mode and it quit blinking, but as soon as I switch it back to normal in a couple of minutes it starts to blink non stop. More in detail as soon as I start watching a YouTube video the screen starts blinking also when I open up clash of clans. Someone told me it could be the battery

I'm having problems with power button, the mobile is turning off whenever I want to turn down or turn on the display. It all started when I updated to lollipop 5.0, I had no problems when my OS was KitKat 4.4.4 ,so it's a hardware issue?? Or the bug with lollipop update?? Please help me!! Thank you

Global Posts
    8,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramkrishna Melgiri View Post
    I'm having problems with power button, the mobile is turning off whenever I want to turn down or turn on the display. It all started when I updated to lollipop 5.0, I had no problems when my OS was KitKat 4.4.4 ,so it's a hardware issue?? Or the bug with lollipop update?? Please help me!! Thank you
    True factory reset and see if that helps.

I also have been facing the same issue for the past 2 days, after getting a lollipop update. Any solutions till now? Is it worth taking it to a lo9cal service centre?