Anyone else run into this? The native email app was always working fine for me. I have a POP3 email account I need to access. After the 4.4.2 (KitKat) update, it will not sync to give me new mail. It even shows the "Last updated" date/time of July 14, just before the update.
    Sync is turned ON-- I checked inside the app, and within the phone settings, under applications. It is set for every 15 minutes. But even if I force a sync by tapping the 'refresh' button within the email app settings, it quickly goes through the motions, but no results. No error messages.
    I'd really like to get a fix for the native app. I do realize I can install another email app. I'd like to exhaust the native app first. I have completely shut the app down and restarted. I have not deleted my account an re-setup. (This tells me I will lost my contacts, which I would like to avoid.)
    07-20-2014 10:31 AM
    Anyone else run into this? The native email app was always working fine for me. I have a POP3 email account I need to access. After the 4.4.2 (KitKat) update, it will not sync to give me new mail. It even shows the "Last updated" date/time of July 14, just before the update.
    Sync is turned ON-- I checked inside the app, and within the phone settings, under applications. It is set for every 15 minutes. But even if I force a sync by tapping the 'refresh' button within the email app settings, it quickly goes through the motions, but no results. No error messages.
    I'd really like to get a fix for the native app. I do realize I can install another email app. I'd like to exhaust the native app first. I have completely shut the app down and restarted. I have not deleted my account an re-setup. (This tells me I will lost my contacts, which I would like to avoid.)
    Just quoting this post because I wrote it. Didn't realize I was not logged in, and it posted it as a 'Guest'.
    07-20-2014 10:48 AM