Viber - Photo indexing problem

A

AC Question

Hi there.
I downloaded Viber today. I went through the settings to add a profile photo from my gallery and I can see old pictures that I have already deleted. These photos are shown with the gallery icon underneath and some with the Google drive icon underneath. I have NEVER put the photos on Google drive (I've checked that they never got moved there) and they NOT in my gallery.....hmmmm
I have file explorer HD installed and did a search for the missing photos but I cannot find/locate them although I did pull my external sd card, relaunched Viber and the pics were still there, indicating the files are on the internal phone storage...but where!?
I have since re installed Viber but it's still the same....
Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance
SPG
HTC One M8

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Welcome to Viber!

As a data saving feature, Viber saves users' profile photos to your device. This prevents your phone from continuously having to re-download the images every time you open Viber, as they are saved to your device. These public images are not saved within Google Drive, however. It sounds as though your phone is set to auto-backup any images on your phone to Google Drive. To disable this auto-backup, please check your phone settings.

spgM8

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi There.
Many thanks for your reply.
I have no files etc. set to auto upload to Google drive.
But I found the culprit.
Avast does an auto back up of my media to Google drive. I found the files I thought I'd deleted in the Avast back up folder.
Mystery solved :)
Many thanks again.
SPG

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae