I dropped (fully submerged) my Evo LTE accidently in water while I was doing the dishes and listening to music. It was in there for a few seconds and after I pulled it out. (Stupid me) I tried turning it on, not having any experience with a broken phone before. It flashed on to the lock screen and then to the black off screen, then the screen turned a dark purple and the back, home and panel buttons still glowed purple too. Quickly finding that it wouldn't turn on (duh), I took the case and the back off of it. I filled a bag with rice and put the phone in there. I know I will have to tell my step-dad tomorrow at the most. I'm planning on keeping it in there for maybe 4-5 days. What should I do with it and does that rice trick I have heard about work for this kind of phone? I will see tomorrow if it does work of not... Please help!
    07-20-2014 03:54 PM
    First thing is to get the battery and cards off, if they're removable.

Shake the phone to get as much water out of it as possible.

Put it in a bag or container with rice (or silica packets). Leave it there for 5 to 7 days.

After that, put the cards and battery in and turn the phone on.

If it starts properly and keeps on working as normal, your phone has a great chance to survive this ordeal.

Good luck! 🙋

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-20-2014 04:57 PM
    The battery is unremovable and I don't have any cards in it, I did dry it off with a towel to get the water that was visible off. And I did remove the back so any water that went into the battery itself can get removed hopefully. Thanks for the info thou!
    07-20-2014 07:17 PM
    No problem.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-21-2014 09:19 AM