HTC One M8 Text Messaging Question

A

AC Question

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to configure the HTC One's default text messaging app so that when I receive a text message and I get a preview of the message in the status bar, that I can tap on that preview and doing so will open the text messaging app and I can see the full conversation. I know that I can open up the conversation by tapping and holding on the status bar and swiping down and then tapping on that message's preview but it would mean less finger yoga if could just tap on the preview and the messaging app would open to that conversation. So far I love HTC and this so far is my only complaint. It would just make messaging slightly more streamlined a process.

Many apologies if this has been answered before but I've searched for it and was not able to find an answer.

Thanks!

eshakerdge

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I don't think I'm explaining what I mean clearly enough. I had notification preview checked and I still wasn't able to do what I was after. Let me explain it this way.

On an iPhone, when you get a text message and you are using another app, a little preview comes up on the top of the screen that you can tap on and then you are taken into the messaging app and you can see the whole conversation.

On the HTC, and probably on other interpretations of Android, when you get a text and you are using another app, you have to drag the top menu down AND then tap on the preview and then you are taken into the messaging app and can see the whole conversation.

What I'm getting at is, I'd like to be able to do on my HTC what I was able to do on an iPhone. Is this just a design thing that is baked into every iteration of android and cannot be changed under any circumstances or is there a way of changing this in settings or whatever and being able to access the conversation without having to drag the menu down and tapping on the preview.