Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default SAMSUNG GALAXY STRATOSPHERE II issues

I have had this phone for a year and all of a sudden, I am having sound issues. The sound comes and goes. I will get phone calls and not even realize I have a received one because it didn't ring. It still vibrates, just doesn't ring. Then, all of a sudden..wham, the sound is back!! I have went to the Verizon website and tried their quick fixes to no avail, any ideas???

Global Posts
    8,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY STRATOSPHERE II issues

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have had this phone for a year and all of a sudden, I am having sound issues. The sound comes and goes. I will get phone calls and not even realize I have a received one because it didn't ring. It still vibrates, just doesn't ring. Then, all of a sudden..wham, the sound is back!! I have went to the Verizon website and tried their quick fixes to no avail, any ideas???
    Have you performed a factory reset? Give that a try (backup/sync your data first) then reboot and setup the phone. Adjust the sound levels accordingly and see if it is fixed. if it's not, then it's likely something with the device - software or hardware. At that point you'll need to send for repair, either to Verizon or Samsung (likely Samsung).
    B. Diddy likes this.

Default Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY STRATOSPHERE II issues

Does any sound work at all? If not, then it could be a hardware problem. I agree with trying a factory reset, but before doing that you could also try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition.