Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Constant Beeping / Not charging

I just purchased the Samsung 5S yesterday and I am trying to charge the phone using the manufacturers charger. Every 30 seconds or so the phone beeps during the charge. What does this sound mean? I look, and see the lighting bolt in my battery display, however the phone itself is not charging. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Global Posts
    10,258 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Constant Beeping / Not charging

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I just purchased the Samsung 5S yesterday and I am trying to charge the phone using the manufacturers charger. Every 30 seconds or so the phone beeps during the charge. What does this sound mean? I look, and see the lighting bolt in my battery display, however the phone itself is not charging. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    Remove the battery then reinsert it. Plug the charger into the phone (while still powered off) and let it charge for a while. Power back on and see if it charged and boots.

I'm not sure what the beeping every 30-seconds is about. It seems like others have had the same issue and it looks to be the charger: Galaxy S 5 Beep while charging

If you haven't already, also try another power source to plug the charger into.