Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Galaxy S5 adds plus sign (+) before the caller ID, which prevents returning the phone call.

Hi there,
    My wife and I have Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900V - Verizon Model) on Att Gophone network (my wife is on H2O Wireless network, which is using ATT towers). Everything was working great, till we took a trip to Europe, where I used my phone with European SIM and my wife only used her phone with WiFi.
    When we came back, something was weird. Every phone call we were getting, there was a plus sign (+) in front of the number. For example, when my friend calls me, whose phone number is saved in my contact list, it displays +72 455 01212. I am able to answer the call and talk to him. When I go to my recent phone calls, and call him from my recent calls, the phone dials +724-550-1212. The phone basically says that I am not allowed to make international call and the call doesn't go through. In order to make phone call, I need to either type the number on the dialer or go to the contacts, find the name and press on the number.
    I have called ATT customer service, then tech support. They have tried everything, no luck. They offered me to call Samsung directly. Samsung could not do anything after trying everything, offered to go to local support center so they can flash the OS. I went to Samsung, they did flash, and no luck. Asked me to go ATT store and get a new SIM card. Went to ATT store, got a new SIM card, and still the same problem. I was asked to go home, back up the pictures and do complete factory reset and it will work.
    Complete reset did not help either. Went back to ATT, was offered to go to local Device Support Center. Went there, no luck. I was offered to call Tier 2 tech support. Was on the phone 90+ minutes, tried everything, still nothing.
    Just got home and decided to ask for your help. Just like my title suggests, you guys are my last resort.
    Appreciate any advice given.

Default Re: Galaxy S5 adds plus sign (+) before the caller ID, which prevents returning the phone call.

Hi, did you ever fixed the problem, I have the same situation and don't know what to do.