Andriod contacts Sync
I have an andriod phone(1) with gmail synced to it.
I had a phone that was used by my father so it had his contacts. Then the same phone was passed on to me so i synced the phone(2) with my Gmail account and the contacts on my phone(My fathers contacts) were synced to my gmail and the same got synced to my phone(1) as well.
Now my phone 2 has my dads contacts only.
My phone 1 has both my contacts and my dads contacts
My Gmail has only my dads contacts.
How do i sought this mess?
I need only my contacts on all the 3, ie my Phone 1 and 2 and Gmail.
- 07-21-2014, 11:30 AM #2
Re: Andriod contacts Sync
my guess is you synced phone 2 with your dads contacts after doing a sync with phone 1. so google picked the latest contacts and used those as backup. Here's my solution, and I hope it works;
If you still need your dad's contacts you will have to export them as a .csv file, into your SD card, plug your SD card in a computer and save them to Google Drive. Then delete all his contacts, back-up will be the .csv file in the Google drive just incase dad demands his contacts back.
Then you will need to send all your contacts to the other device daddy gave you, the do a sync from that device. Google kind of gets confused when you use 2 devices on your one account, not sure why, but this should work.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2015, 10:49 PM
- By ItsMikeE in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 07-21-2014, 08:51 AM
- By BootsNCats in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2014, 04:03 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2014, 01:28 AM
- By Chris Hall10 in forum LG G3Replies: 2Last Post: 07-20-2014, 04:08 PM