HTC M8 listening to fm radio using bluetooth device

A

AC Question

I have the M8 and I recently purchased the sony sbh20 wirless headphones.
I got these as I go cycling and was annoyed with cable from phone to my ear.
All works well except I cant listen to fm radio as I need to plug headphones in and there doesnt seem to be a option to use bluetooth device
Any suggestions
Many thanks Gerry

gerryboy1

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi thanks for reply
I am paired but radio only coming through headset that's plugged in or I can switch to speaker. Strange thing is I can through the bluetooth device change station.
Gerry

bill1171

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe the problem is you need corded headphones because the fm radio uses the cord as an antenna, otherwise it won't work
Hi thanks for reply
I am paired but radio only coming through headset that's plugged in or I can switch to speaker. Strange thing is I can through the bluetooth device change station.
Gerry

gerryboy1

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Bill
Thanks for reply
As I said earlier I would like to listen to radio through bluetooth headphones as I go cycling and was hoping there was a setting I could change as it only allows me to listen through corded headset.
Thanks Gerry

jdthepig

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for a solution to this with my HTC One M7 and now my HTC One M9. I finally found a solution!! I purchased a bluetooth transmitter that connects to my phone using the 3.5mm jack. This allows the unit to act as the antenna. It also transmits the output via bluetooth which I paired with my bluetooth headphones. The device cost $30 which is more than I preferred to spend but it works. It's also very small. The device is sold on Amazon and is named Archeer 2-In-1 Wireless Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Switchable Transmitter and Receiver With 3.5mm Stereo Output.