Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Is the GS4Active still waterproof if the flappy charger port rips off?

Hey guys I've had my Galaxy S4 Active for roughly over a year now and just recently the flappy charging port cover ripped off. I was just wondering if the phone is still waterproof without the cover. I heard somewhere that the cover is just dust protective and not water protective. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Is the GS4Active still waterproof if the flappy charger port rips off?

The s4a is water resistant, not water proof.

To answer your question, you need the charging flap, otherwise water will get in through the charging port

Edit :I would not intentionally get the s4a wet. There are numerous reports of failure. And Samsung USA warranty won't cover water damage.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    VDub2174 likes this.

Default Re: Is the GS4Active still waterproof if the flappy charger port rips off?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    To answer your question, you need the charging flap, otherwise water will get in through the charging port

Edit :There are numerous reports of failure. And Samsung USA warranty won't cover water damage.

When my husband and son got their S4 Active's, I asked specifically about water damage being covered since I had read from when they first came out that water damage wasn't being covered. They reassured us it was, though I wanted something a little more memorable than their word, just in case. So the mngr wrote on our receipt that water damage is, indeed, covered under the one year warranty at no charge and then after the first year it's covered by insurance with a $100 deductible.

To AC Question , I would stop in to a Best Buy Samsung counter and have them order a new cover as I'm sure they can't cost much and the Samsung guy can likely put it in for you. I know my Best Buy counter is VERY helpful.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by disneymagik View Post
    When my husband and son got their S4 Active's, I asked specifically about water damage being covered since I had read from when they first came out that water damage wasn't being covered. They reassured us it was, though I wanted something a little more memorable than their word, just in case. So the mngr wrote on our receipt that water damage is, indeed, covered under the one year warranty at no charge and then after the first year it's covered by insurance with a $100 deductible.

To AC Question , I would stop in to a Best Buy Samsung counter and have them order a new cover as I'm sure they can't cost much and the Samsung guy can likely put it in for you. I know my Best Buy counter is VERY helpful.
    You did good by getting it in writing.