Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Charging problems

My devise will not charge consistently. Sometimes when I plug in the charger the lightning bolt to indicate that it is charging does not appear. I believe that the charging port is loose since it has been nocked off of the night table while it was charging one or twice. Is this something that can be fixed or would it be better to get a new one and transfer all my data?

Default Re: Charging problems

If it's the USB port, it can definitely be replaced, and it's not expensive (for a Galaxy S4, at the Samsung Service Center it was around 20 bucks the last time I heard, and you can get it for less online, but you'd have to install it yourself, and that's an added risk).

But before running off to change the port, check that your charger and cable are not to blame. Try a different USB cable, and if you're still having issues, try a different charger. I had a similar issue with my tablet and the problem was the cable; got it replaced, and voilá!, no more issues.