Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AC Question
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Unroot HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition

Hi, i've been trying to restore my sprint htc back to stock in order to get the OTA updates since i am not a big fan of custom roms. However, I can not find an exact guide as to how to do that on my phone. I tried using the tutorials by theunlocker and some other guy but i can not seem to even find the correct stock recovery since when i run "getvar all" the version-main spot comes out empty and my CID is spcs_004 which doesn't appear in the nandroid backup. I found an RUU but i'm not sure i can run it since i'm S-On. I would really like to go to 100% stock if possible...my current software version is 1.54.654.15. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!
    Erik Manzanares likes this.

Angry Re: Unroot HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition

hey man have you had any luck i have the same problem i want to flash stock recovery so i can get the new ota update but no one has a tutorial or the recovery my cid is spcs_004 too if you have any luck please get back to me

Default Re: Unroot HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition

I have the same problem as well. I have tried doing the stock rom via sd card but I keep getting an error: wrong zipped image. I think it is because I have s-on however firewater nor sunshine did not work for me so I cannot get s-off.
    My spcs is sps_001 which is avaiable yet it still doesn't work

If only we could find someone with a H/K edition to give us there backup. I did a backup but my retarded self only backed up the boot IMG thinking that's all I need.

Global Posts
    31,316 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Hi all,
    any luck with restoring to the original HK edition? I have the same problem.
    I need to restore my phone in order to S-OFF it to get international sim unlock (my phone is currently only working with sprint sim ).
    is there any way to gain S-OFF with a custom ROM and recovery?
    Thanks,