Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default "Server Error in '/' Application." I'm stumped.

Recently updated the Android OS on my tablet. Since then this app, OverDrive Media, won't work. It's an app that lets you check out e-books from the library. Keep trying to reauthorize my Adobe ID and I continue to get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Any ideas? I've asked the IT people at my library and they'd never seen this error before. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared my cache. Not sure what to do.

Default Re: "Server Error in '/' Application." I'm stumped.

Are you sure you are running the most current version of Overdrive's app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.mediaconsole

That is an error from IIS (Microsoft Internet Information Server). The application on the server is throwing an error.

Have the IT folks look in the event log on the server for more information. It could be anything from having the wrong version, a coding error, to lack of disk space, to a protection error. Other than updating to the latest version as suggested above, there is not really anything you can do on your end until they determine what is causing the issue.

Best of luck

Thanks for feedback! Yes I have the latest version of OverDrive. I sent along the second reply to IT, hopefully they'll know what to do.

I resolved this on a Nexus 7 and HTC One by uninstalling and reinstalling from the Play store. A little hassle having to put in log-in info for Overdrive and local library and download all books again, but syncing fine now.