Softbricked Galaxy S4
I tried rooting my Samsung Galaxy s4 using odin and it failed and now my phone is stuck. I can only go on download mode. When I press volume down, it would say "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". I tried to use kies, but it would say the device is not updated and I dont think it recognized my device since it keeps saying connecting. When I use download mode on odin, it would say fail and it would get stuck on the downloading screen. I tried all the solutions available but they don't seem to be working for me. Is there anything I can do? I talked to someone from samsung via online tech support and they said to go to a Best Buy and ask for a software reflash. Is there an alternative besides that?
- 07-21-2014, 11:11 PM #2
Re: Softbricked Galaxy S4
If you have tried recovery mode in Kies then that's probably your only option. If your phone doesn't boot you won't be able to save anything that was on the internal storage or backed up with cloud apps.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- By jmagid51 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 AccessoriesReplies: 15Last Post: 08-26-2014, 08:10 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 01:34 PM
- By j_herczog in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:58 AM
- By Marc2146 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2014, 08:06 PM
- By daveMclean26 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2014, 05:46 PM