Internal Memory / SD Card Question

A

AC Question

Hi,

Sorry, this is such a stupid and simple question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I have a ZTE Blade III with Android 4.0.4. I have just under 2GB of internal storage / phone memory, but no SD card. I can take photos, download apps and copy and paste songs onto the phone just fine. I downloaded Whatsapp and I can use it to talk to people, but I can't set a profile picture / save chat backups / email conversations / download images sent to me. I get various errors, mostly hinting at a lack of SD card or failure to load image data.

So question: Is an SD card mandatory for using apps such as Whatsapp, or do I just have a setting wrong somewhere? Can't I use my internal memory to upload and download photos / back up chats?

Thanks for any help! :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No. It is not required to have an SD card. Maybe you don't have enough storage to store whatever is you're trying to download?
Have you checked the settings to make sure it's set to internal storage for save location?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

xcy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Storage does seem to be the issue, although I've checked my "System Settings" > "Storage" page and it says I have 1.93GB of available internal storage and 1.88GB of "total space", so I don't think that's it. I can try and delete a few things and see if it works. It's only photos <1MB that I'm trying to upload and download -- some of which are already stored in my Gallery. As you say, it seems like Whatsapp is trying to put everything in a non-existent SD card and not in my internal storage.

How do I set the save location to internal storage? I haven't seen such an option in either the Whatsapp settings or in my system settings. Also, I came across a support page that suggested that I should turn off USB storage, so I disabled MTP and PTP -- those are the only USV storage options I can find -- but still no luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22