One Max has a mind of its own

A

AC Question

I have my HTC One Max through Sprint. Up until a couple weeks ago I had their Total Equipment Protection. Literally 2 weeks after I canceled it, my phone randomly decided to take a crap on itself.

Just a note, I have not installed anything new or updated anything in the past few days. I know for a fact nothing could have updated, because I had no data connection for the entire weekend. This randomly started happening one night - I've babied this phone ever since I got it (only 6 months ago).

Here's what's going on:

- The screen will randomly turn itself on VERY frequently, it's killing my battery. I'll turn the screen off, then within 5 seconds it's back on again.
- Hitting the volume buttons (while the screen is off) turns the screen on. This never happened before.
- Apps randomly close, almost like if I were hitting the 'back' button. Sometimes they crash & a notification comes up
- Apps also 'refresh' themselves. Example: I'll be writing a text message, then my messaging app goes black & reloads, deleting everything I wrote
- If someone calls me, it automatically answers the call before I even hear it ring. It also turns on speakerphone automatically. Nothing beats sitting in a quiet classroom when suddenly your phone yells out "HELLO?" >.>

I have no idea why this is happening and it's driving me insane. Can anyone think of why this all randomly started to happen? I have checked my running processes and nothing is out of the ordinary. I also have Avast! installed on my phone for protection.

Thanks!

darrom29

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm the OP, sorry for the double post.

I forgot to mention the phone also goes into landscape mode at the home screen, which it isn't even supposed to do. The screen also rotates regardless of if the "auto-rotation" is turned off or on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not sure if this will work, but you could try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, if that option is available to you. Try following the "Alternate Method" in this article, but instead of selecting Factory Reset in the HBOOT menu, select Recovery. Then see if you get to a Recovery Menu that has a Wipe Cache Partition option. Wiping the cache does not erase any personal data, but can sometimes get rid of some bad system data that is messing things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance