One Max has a mind of its own
I have my HTC One Max through Sprint. Up until a couple weeks ago I had their Total Equipment Protection. Literally 2 weeks after I canceled it, my phone randomly decided to take a crap on itself.
Just a note, I have not installed anything new or updated anything in the past few days. I know for a fact nothing could have updated, because I had no data connection for the entire weekend. This randomly started happening one night - I've babied this phone ever since I got it (only 6 months ago).
Here's what's going on:
- The screen will randomly turn itself on VERY frequently, it's killing my battery. I'll turn the screen off, then within 5 seconds it's back on again.
- Hitting the volume buttons (while the screen is off) turns the screen on. This never happened before.
- Apps randomly close, almost like if I were hitting the 'back' button. Sometimes they crash & a notification comes up
- Apps also 'refresh' themselves. Example: I'll be writing a text message, then my messaging app goes black & reloads, deleting everything I wrote
- If someone calls me, it automatically answers the call before I even hear it ring. It also turns on speakerphone automatically. Nothing beats sitting in a quiet classroom when suddenly your phone yells out "HELLO?" >.>
I have no idea why this is happening and it's driving me insane. Can anyone think of why this all randomly started to happen? I have checked my running processes and nothing is out of the ordinary. I also have Avast! installed on my phone for protection.