Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default my sd card

I bought a 16GB microSD card today to use in my smart phone and unfortunately my phone will not mount it. I get an error of: "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem."

It then asks to format the card, which I say yes to and it says checking the card, then preparing the card and then it goes back to the original error and the cycle continues. Basically I am unable to get the phone to see the card
    when i mount in computer than a format option come. when i press the button than it shows card is not formating.
    i try in many smart phone but it doesn't work.
    somebody help me to format this card then i use my sd card

Default Re: my sd card

Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the card from? If it was from a local store, take it back there and ask for an exchange or refund. If you got it on the internet, was it a major online store, or some place like eBay? If you bought it from an auction site or some discount site, there's a bigger chance that it's a counterfeit card.

I purchased a Samsung Mega last fall, installed a 32gb PNY micro SD card & was happy for some time. Last Saturday evening when I went to listen to a book I found that my phone no longer recognized my SD card & thus all files/books were lost. I googled for answers & found a number of posts re: problems w/ Samsung phones. I tried cleaning contacts, removing & re-seating the card w/ no luck.
    I purchased a 64gb Samsung micro SD card as a replacement & tried to recover files from the PNY card. Windows indicated the file system was RAW - scanned for possible errors, but was unable to format. Put it back in the phone & allowed the phone to reformat. Card was not damaged - can read again w/ pc or phone, but all files lost.
    Would appear that some time on Saturday, my phone killed the file system on the card. Will continue using the larger Samsung card, but appears that whatever is killing cards on Samsung devices was inherited by this one as well.

Welcome to Android Central, and that sounds frustrating. The next time something like this happens, remove the card and insert it into your Windows PC, and run chkdsk. That might detect bad sectors and isolate them. You may lose some data on those sectors, but you might save the rest of the data. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html