Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung LG 3 fell into the pool

Phone fell to the bottom of the pool, got it out in seconds. First thing I did was remove protective cover and dry it, remove back and battery and wipe it (wasn't wet, tag is still white) and immediately checked to see if it was working. It turned on but there was a notification to remove the SD card which I did. Worked fine for a couple of hours until it needed recharging. I plugged the phone and all was fine,but then went right into an upgrade installation without asking. When it turned off automatically and turned back on, the Samsung insignia was green instead of white. The screen was flickering, so I thought that was it. Then the phone rang and I was able to answer. But the screen was still flickering. There is definite life in the phone. I have since removed backing and battery and am waiting 24 hours, but has anyone had this experience and will my phone come back to normal? Any suggestions??

Default Re: Samsung LG 3 fell into the pool

What phone do you have?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

It may be damaged. Normally when a phone falls in water your best chance is to remove battery, throw the phone in rice for 24 hours, and then try. It's never guaranteed but turning it on shortly after could of caused issues.. Water could of seeped into it.

I would maybe see if a repair shop could take a quick look at it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    It may be damaged. Normally when a phone falls in water your best chance is to remove battery, throw the phone in rice for 24 hours
    Just so you know, read Wet Phone. "Put the phone into rice" is a close relative of FUD. Unless the water is unusually pure (plain distilled water isn't, triple-distilled water is almost pure enough), putting the phone into rice or silica gel (and doing nothing else to clean it) virtually assures that it will fail due to water damage some time in the future, unless it's discarded for another reason first.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the link and the info. This is important news because we've all been saying Dry it out in rice for a week. Now we must provide a link to your article...if that really is all right with you.

Posted via Android Central App

(I forgot to do a Reply with Quote...the above post aimed at Rukbat.)

Posted via Android Central App