please oh please help me

A

AC Question

I bought a samsung duo S7582 from ebay, from singapore. It seemed new enough for it came in a samsung box with new everything. However once I got my telus sim card and registered it online and tried to put it in either slot it won't work. It recognizes the sim card is in there and when I go to the sim card manager under settings it recognizes that it is a telus sim card but yet I still have no service. Please help, I am going crazy trying to figure it out. PS I live in Canada.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Forgive me if this is too simple and obvious, but have you set up the correct APN settings and so on for your particular carrier....and got some credit?

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay. First you get your phone, then a sim card which you stick in the phone. If the phone is new, when you power on it will take you through setting up the right language, time zone etc. To set up the phone with a particular network, go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names, open that, and enter the correct settings. If you're in any doubt, you might want to ask for help from your network provider, from whom you'll have to get the correct settings anyway. And of course, you've got to have credit before you can use your phone, unless you connect to wifi.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze