Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 SD card continually shutting down and re-installing

Ever since the lasted software upgrade that was forced on me I constantly get a message regarding an unexpected removal of my SD card. If you wait awhile the SD card is recognized again. this happens constantly. I talked to AT&T and they told me it is a known issue with the S4's and told me a new sim card might help. Well it did for several weeks. Suddenly I noticed again over the weekend it is happening again. Samsung is no help. Any one have any clue about this? I have removed my SD card and tried it in other devices and it works fine so it is definitely the software on the phone.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 SD card continually shutting down and re-installing

Samsung devices are kind of notorious for SD problems. Try wiping the cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.