Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Nexus 5 can't save new contacts

Hello everyone. I would really really appreciate your help.

I have a nexus 5. And I can't save any contacts to it! I have read many posts and threads that advises to make sure I'm saving contacts to my "people" and not to the gmail account. But it isn't working still. I mean, I create a new contact, and within 10 minutes more or less and it is gone.

I deleted the misc files recently because they were huge. Could that be the reason to my issue? And if so, can you help me? Thanks.

Default Re: Nexus 5 can't save new contacts

I wouldn't think that your music would play any part in this however stranger things have happened I'm sure. Meanwhile, look at this go to your people app and upper left corner what does it say? Mine says Phonebook and under that it says multiple sources. If you touch that a drop down window appears with check boxes, make sure you have all of the check boxes checked for the sources of the contacts you want to see. Perhaps you turned off the listing for the contacts stored on the phone??? If you have the phone contacts checked as though they should be displayed post back and we'll go from there.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Had nexus 5 phone also since march of 2014. New contacts are not saving either. Contact is saved for 10 minutes and disappears.

Have either of you checked your listings in the people app? Have you tried saving the contacts to another location, SIM, backup thru your carrier? Do they still disappear?

Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Hey everyone. I've been reading through these forums for quite some time now and i also Purchased a nexus 5 in April of 2014. Contacts saved for the first month and following into the second month then contacts started not saving after a brief moment of saving. Months pass and still no solution. Now I have fixed it after update to android 5 lollipop. It seems to be a synchronization issue. Long story short, I figured out you must go into the phones settings and not google settings. Click accounts and in account click google. Then click your email address as it appears next to a sync icon. Then unchecked the contacts box and or also unchecked gmail also. Remember to unchecked so they don't sync. After that it should be a breeze. I hope this helps those who had this contact saving issue. If I'm not mistakened, it has to be a synchronization problem with google. It really doesnt affect the main aspects of the phone but having just numbers and no name plate save. Its a tad boring and difficult to pinpoint a direct contact to call. I leave my method of solution to those who would wish saving contacts wasn't an annoying process in such a great device like the nexus 5. #good luck