Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question LG G3 Phone call buzzing isue

Is anyone else getting this weird noise when you put the phone against your ear.I was on the phone just a minute ago with my Father, and It's like I could hear the internals hissing and making noise. Very annoying. I hope it is not just mine.

Other than this my Verizon G3 has been an amazing upgrade from the Galaxy S3

Default Re: LG G3 Phone call buzzing isue

No probs with mine.
    Is it consistent or just noticed?

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Yes I hear it on 3 different units but apparently I am "crazy" because no one else can hear it. I started a poll and am beginning to wonder if I should seek professional help because no one else hears it... No really I think it's there on all of them but some people just have better hearing than others. Sounds like a crappy isolation issue with the boards and the audio ear speaker.

That is odd.
    Do you hear it on other cell phones and/or land lines?

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I get this as well... sometimes lasts the whole call, sometimes lasts the first 20-30 seconds or so. The best thing I can liken it to is the digital clicks/taps that will be audible when if you had your blackberry too close to a landline or speaker when it was sending its data bursts. I may have to bring mine back to Verizon and ask for another. This is very quiet but is definitely audible and would end up being a showstopper for me, cutting through what would otherwise be a silent, static-free line.

Yep I have the exact same issue on mine. Very annoying hope it's not like this on all of them and some are just defective but who knows.

this is an interference issue. I had 2 phones like this, finally said no for 3rd phone for xperia z3.
    it is something to do with the hardware. It seems to be same sort of noise which comes when mobile is brought near to magnet. LG G3 has got some issue and user think that it can be due to network. it is easy for dealer to say that it could be due to network and it is difficult to prove in service center.
    Fortunately in my case service center was able to get this without any problem and I could get another Brand phone. I will never buy LG phone.

Global Posts
    5,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Some people can hear much higher frequencies than others. What sounds like dead silence to one person can sound like hissing or buzzing to another. Sometimes the person making the test on the final design of a phone can hear the noise and call for a redesign, sometimes the person doing it can't hear the noise.

It's not a manufacturer thing, it's an individual model thing. And can even be an individual phone thing. What you may hear as noise because the phone has a slight defect, I'd hear as silence, because my hearing barely goes up to 4KHz these says (although I could hear when a TV horizontal oscillator was locked when I was 15, and that's hearing a tiny distortion on a waveform, so I was hearing at least a little [probably 100db down] at around 30KHz).