Hi all,

I have had a galaxy s4 for just under a year now and in this time i have already had a new battery replaced under warranty in march (one of the overheating batches).

The battery had been fine up to about a month ago when i started noticing it again started to slowly deteriorate with battery life up to the point last week where it was using its full charge in around 5 hours with minimal use. At these points the phone was starting to get very hot

I was going to format the phone over the weekend but on Saturday i put it into my pocket before going out with the battery life at 50% and when i went to look at it an hour later it was off. I assumed the battery had drained, but once i tried to charge it up nothing was coming on the screen.

After lots of trying to get it back on i have now realised the phone itself is powered up(as in it connects to my computer and i can still do the swipe unlock on the screen so that i can then access my pictures etc.) The led also flashes and the phone vibrates.

Just left with no sound or screen, any ideas??
    07-22-2014 12:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the phone was overheating, it's possible the screen was damaged--you might have to bring it to a repair shop for replacement. The battery itself sounds like it might be failing as well. Take the battery out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign.
    07-22-2014 01:02 PM
    hi, thanks for the very fast reply.

I did take the phone to a samsung approved repair centre and the very first thing he said was that their is a crack on the screen (it has a crack across the screen from left to right that happened in the first two weeks of owning the phone, but never has affected the amoled screen underneath.

I was expecting him to say something about this and he then informed me that straight away the warranty would be voided and that a replacement would be substantial ££

I was just wondering if it was a known problem with them, or if there was anyway they could have a look at it to see if the problem was caused by something else? i assume not though lol
    07-22-2014 01:17 PM
    If Samsung won't cover it under warranty, you might want to look for independent cellphone repair shops to see if they can give you a repair quote (which will probably be cheaper than having Samsung do it). You have a pretty common phone, so there are probably lots of shops that have experience with it.
    07-22-2014 01:25 PM