I currently have an AT&T Galaxy S4 Active. If I were to get an unlocked device (compatible with network) is it as simple as swapping out the Sim from the S4 Active and re-downloading apps? Could I transfer things to new phone through Samsung Kies?
Will AT&T even know or do they have to? Downsides?
Thanks in advance.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-22-2014, 01:46 PM #2
Re: Unlocked Phone
Yup, as long as the device you're getting is network-compatible, you should just pop the SIM card in and you're good to go.
With Google you can get all your contacts, some settings, and all apps re-installed at set up. You can also use Kies to backup messages and stuff, but in my case, I just let it restore the settings from the S-Cloud service (a bit redundant with Google's, but that's OK, you won't get duplicates).
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 10-30-2014, 05:44 PM
- By U4icLab in forum Samsung Gear LiveReplies: 2Last Post: 07-25-2014, 06:39 PM
- By effreyj in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 07-23-2014, 06:51 AM
- By codyoehl in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-22-2014, 12:57 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-22-2014, 11:51 AM