Keep Unlimited Verizon Plan with Used Phone

A

AC Question

Forgive my ignorance if I have missed something. I see threads about keeping UDP with an upgrade but what about a used replacement? To be exact, I have a dead HTC Rezound that I want to replace and keep UDP. I have a friend that upgraded awhile back that has a HTC Rezound lying around. How do I activate her phone to my account and keep UDP? Is it as simple as going to the Verizon site and adding another device?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Keep Unlimited with Used Phone

Forgive my ignorance if I have missed something. I see threads about keeping UDP with an upgrade but what about a used replacement? To be exact, I have a dead HTC Rezound that I want to replace and keep UDP. I have a friend that upgraded awhile back that has a HTC Rezound lying around. How do I activate her phone to my account and keep UDP? Is it as simple as going to the Verizon site and adding another device?

It's only a matter of popping in the sim and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: Keep Unlimited with Used Phone

It's only a matter of popping in the sim and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. For one, I think Verizon kills SIMs that haven't been used for a particular amount of time, but if the OP's Rezound just died recently, then it should still be OK. If it's been dead for a while, you may need to request a new SIM card.

I'm also not sure if you still need to register the phone for CDMA as well.

My advice would be to go to the Verizon web site and follow the instructions there, or at least verify that swapping SIMs is all you need to do.

But to answer your other question, yes, you should be able to keep unlimited data in this scenario.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX