Samsung Galaxy S5 Constantly Dropping Data Connection

A

AC Question

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S5, and ever since I bought it (roughly 3 months or so ago) it has constantly dropped the data connection. I'm an Amazon seller and rely heavily on my phone in my day to day operations. I can be in a thrift store scanning books, and I'll have to shut the phone off and restart it 4 or 5 times in a period of 30 minutes because it will drop the data connection again and again. Is this a known problem with the S5? Is there a solution? I simply can't continue this way, its ridiculous. I'm a huge fan of the Galaxy S series, having started with an S2 and worked up to an S5, and never have any of the past models had a problem like this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd check the SIM card at the T-Mobile store but also endure your APN settings are correct as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Gary335

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
So I took it to T-Mobile and first the guy asked what I do when I lose the network, and I explained it drops during many different activities, whether it be simply browsing the web, watching a Youtube video, using my Amazon or Ebay app, whatever. If I'm using the data connection, it will eventually drop. I explained that the only solution seems to be shutting if off and back on. He first said that it was probably because I had LTE enabled (or something like that) and I should disable that. Then he changed his mind and was going to switch the SIM, but before he did that he changed his mind again and said he was going to enable data roaming. He said to see if that fixes it, and if not he'll switch the SIM out, and if THAT doesn't do it he'll do a warranty exchange on the phone. Hopefully this data roaming thing will do the trick...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member