Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 running out of internal memory even after trying to free it up

Hello,

I have installed some apps in my Samsung Note 8.0 and it is running out of internal memory despite of all the efforts I have made to fix it.

I moved all the possible apps to the SD card using the App Manager and the AppMgr III. I also cleaned the cache memory and most of the data stored for most of the apps using the App Manager. It turns out that nothing has really worked. When I checked the device`s memory, the internal memory is almost full and my 64GB SD card still has 58.07GB available. I don´t know what to do.

I have noticed that something is not doing well at the moment of storing the apps. The internal memory is 16GB and the system needs 6.13GB to run. If I have transferred all the apps I´ve downloaded to my SD card, I don´t know why I still have an used space on my internal memory of 8.35GB and less than 2GB used in my SD card.

On the other hand, I have scrolled down through every single app and I don´t know if a portion of every apps is being stored in the internal memory. I am assuming that because of this detail screen from the App Mgr:
    Storage for XX app:
    Total 289MB
    App 257MB
    SD Card app 32.62MB
    Data 0B
    SD Card Data 0B

On top of this, the multi-window function can´t be enabled since this is happening.

I truly appreciate if someone can help me out with this issue because it is really annoying that I can´t use the device properly even if having an SD external storage.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 running out of internal memory even after trying to free it up

Use a file manager app and look through your directories for any large leftover files from previously (or unsuccessfully) installed apps--usually .obb files. Delete them, if you're sure they're not being used by any current app.