How is group chat with imessage not possible yet?

DumpsterJedi

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
So i'm finally done with apple's mediocrity of boring and un-innovativeness, and i'm switching over to the galaxy S4. The only thing i'm worried about is group chat with the rest of my friends who all use iphones. All I could find on this issue was over a year outdated and I couldn't seem to tell if any progress had been made. It seems apple refuses to get their mess straightened out and just make imessage for android, but some third party programmers have done it, it just seems that none of them are legit. This is the best i've found iMessage on Android | Download iMessage for Android and I was hoping to find anyone who has tried it. But i assume if it actually worked I feel people would have mentioned it since a year ago.

Besides imessage, it seems the only way to do it is to make everyone get a separate texting app to use but I was hoping to not need my naive iphone user friends to have to get a seperate app, which I think goSMSpro is the closest thing I could find i think? But i'm still not sure about that. And it seems anything else either only uses wi-fi, only uses data, or just doesn't group chat.

So could anyone confirm that this information is up to date, or give me a solution that has worked for you?
Thanks friends.