Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default watching tv shows on android

Hi there, hoping for a little help regarding streaming tv shows.

I want to be able to stream shows from the likes of "vodly" and "projectfreetv" on my mobile, but I'm having a few problems.

Firstly, I've tried opening them up in the chrome web browser, but every time I try to put in a search, or click anything, loads of pop-ups open in new tabs making it impossible to actually type in the search box, as the keyboard disappears when the pop-ups occur. I have pop-ups blocked in my settings, I've tried adblock plus for android, but still no help, they keep coming. this occurs mainly on Vodly, but also sometimes on projectfreetv.

Secondly, projectfreetv won't let me watch anything without subscribing to multiple things, completing surveys etc.. when I'm watching on the PC, it's fine, none of that happens, it's just on my phone.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to be able to watch shows in a manner similar to using these sites on a PC. I've had a look at an app called "Hubi" which seems like it may work well if I can get a proper link to the show I want, but at the moment I can't get as far as that with all the pop-ups.

This is my first post, so if I've been unclear, please let me know! Would love some help with this, so many thanks in advance for anyone who can offer anything!

I'm on a HTC Desire 610 running Android 4.4.2

Default Re: watching tv shows on android

I would guess that sites like Vodly and ProjectFreeTV are chock full of adware and possibly malware, because people who are looking for free stuff are often very vulnerable to these kinds of attacks.