Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Pastor Contact Name

A friend of mine went to add the number to his pastor to his contact list. Each time he tried it would let him enter in the name box "Pastor" and then save, but when he went to search the name "pastor" it showed only the number, and no name. This was on a Galaxy 5, I tried it on my Galaxy 3 and the same thing. I assigned the name "pastor" to a landline and still nothing. Then I called my phone with that landline and the name did not come up. I tested the names "Preacher" or "the Pastor" and each one worked fine. To double check I tried "Pastors" and that worked too. I asked my facebook friends to try it and the same thing happened to a number of folks, though a couple with HTC phones did not have the issue. I even check "priest" and "rabbi" to be sure and those names stuck. Why is "PASTOR" not an ok name for a contact?

Default Re: Pastor Contact Name

What happens if you enter that name in your Google Contacts on the web, instead of doing so on the phone, then syncing the contacts?
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.