Please Help... Feeling Desperate Now...

Trevor Zhou

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone.. I am completely new to android and i just received my first android phone nexus 5 today. Feeling excited about the new environment I did a lot of searches and found cm11 is a good alternative to Kitcat so i just followed the mac installer's instructions and did it... Then after the whole process my phone stuck at the animation logo and wont stop spinning.

After reading some of the threads I tried reboot to recovery by holding volume buttons and power, then release power till recovery screen appeared. I tried factory resetting but it didnt work. Still stuck at the spinning, I tried to boot to recovery again. But this time the screen never came after black screen and there was nothing I can do about it. I try to turn on my phone several times but it wont at first, then I somehow managed to turn it on. But later when i tried again rebooting to recovery mode, it turns off the phone and i can never turn it on no matter what i did.

Have I messed anything up? I really don't want my 2-hour-old new phone die like this..... I knew I was stupid to mess around with my phone when i knew nothing. Can someone help me out? Thank you soooo much...

Update: I just somehow managed to turn on my phone. But it still stuck at the logo part.

Last edited:

Trevor Zhou

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Haha thank you. I am so happy my device comes to life now!!
At first i had no idea what the tech jargons are. After 5 hours of learning and fixing, I finally brought it back to normal via ADB.
Thank you very much for caring.