Why is Google CONSTANTLY requesting my "recent location"?! Turned everything "off" & persists

A

AC Question

Why is Google CONSTANTLY requesting my "recent location"?! Turned everything "off" & persists

Hi all. Fairly new with the GS5, have it all set up and optimized how I like it. Part of that was having "Location Services" always "off", until I thankfully realized that my Lookout "Find My Phone" service wouldn't work with it off. Unfortunately, due to that, I've turned it on, though in the "Power Saving" mode and I've gone through every individual App to turn off their "Location Reporting".

One app that ALWAYS shows up in the "recently requested locations" list is Google, every time, regardless of whether I've used it. Google Play Services pops up there every now and then, but Google is up there every single time. One thing I can't stand about Google is how unbelievably invasive they are.

I've gone to the Google App and turned off Location Reporting in every way I can, I turned it off on the Google Page on Chrome (via my Account), etc. I've tried having "Web History" turned off and then turned it on, as well as "Personal Tailored Searches" since I know that on iOS having "Private Browsing" on would cause Google to always ask for your location, thinking it might have some correlation. Unfortunately, on Android it seems you can't get around Google sniffing around your location.

It's almost as if they just keep Google on the "recent recasts" list by default, or so I'd wish, as it seems very excessive that it would keep sapping up your resources (as minuscule as it may hopefully be) by being on a constant "location request".

Any help or ways you got around this would be appreciated! Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03