Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Store Help

First thing's first, I'm pretty sure there are millions of other threads out there that can help, but I wouldn't be making a new one if it did in the first place.

Onward to business.

I keep experiencing the "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." Message.
    Let me explain how it works.

I open the app, it works just fine. I can browse, etc. As soon as I hit either back, or try to download an app, it immediately force closes and shoves that message down my throat. I've cleared it's data countless times, then rebooted. Failed. I cleared the cache, rebooted. Failed. I uninstalled the app, rebooted, reinstalled it. Failed. I removed my account, rebooted, re-added my account. Failed again.

It's always the same way, too. I open the app, it works just fine, then it drops when I try to download an app. I try to ignore, and it spams my phone sometimes with the same message, so I uninstalled it.

Is there a solution to this problem? Or can someone be as kind enough to offer a better alternative(s) to Google Play Store?

I'm running on a Galaxy Note 3 that runs on Android 4.4 firmware.

Default Re: Google Play Store Help

Welcome to Android Central! Make sure your Download Manager isn't Disabled/Turned Off. Go to your App Manager, find Download Manager, and see what it says there.

You could also try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem stops, then something you installed is likely issues--but the tricky thing then is to figure out which app is the culprit. Instructions at the bottom of this article: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support