Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Boost mobile HTC 1 S

I've had this unit about 6 months works like a champ couple weeks ago it would say micro sd card unexpectedly removed when it hadn't been and then I remove it and take it out and replace it and it only reads my micro sd card 1 out of 10 times on a remount, I've transferred my entire micro to the computer and then formatted the card reinstalled all the files and it maybe works for a couple days then this issue begins again any suggestions or help would be amazing and I thank you ahead of time for any help you can give :-) Shawn

Sent from my C525c using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Boost mobile HTC 1 S

Welcome to Android Central! Any way to narrow the problem down to the card vs the phone? Have you been able to try a different card? If the same thing happens, then maybe there's a loose connection or a dirty contact. If other cards work fine, then I would suspect that the original card is the problem. Check its contacts to make sure they're clean. You may also want to run a chkdsk on it (in a Windows PC): [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I haven't put a different card in the HTC 1 s but I've put that memory card in a sd adapter and computer read it just fine 10 outta 10 tests to see if it read, and also plugged just the micro sd into my tablet mounted it removed and put back in and remounted it 5 times it worked 5 out of 5 thanks for the quick response my friend

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I will have to put it back in my pc and run the chkdsk, but would windows would have caught that when I used my computer to copy the sd card to a file so I could format it, would the corrupt have shown up during the format ?

On your HTC phone, does the SD card click into place, or does it just slide in until it doesn't slide in any more? Could the connection be loose there?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's on the back of the phone above the battery it slides in until a spring locks it in place I can feel the spring engaging on insert ( that's what she said lol ) and I can hear and feel the spring release when removing, I like your idea about dirty contacts though cause I haven't tried it the micro sd looks clean no scuff no discoloration, but I can't see the contact points inside the phone it's to slim an inset to try in get a qtip in I may just remove the battery and hit some 91% rubbing alcohol into the slot and let it shake n air dry

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Someone told Me I may have a corrupted file on the actual microsd card would that windows chkdsk u gave me a link to be able to see a corrupt file or does it just see a flaw in the card itself ?

Chkdsk is a good idea. A corrupt card could certainly cause various issues.

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I will run the chkdsk maybe their is a corrupt file because I think if just the card had a corruption it would have told me when I formatted it on the pc, but I will run the chkdsk with all the files on the card and I will get some rubbing alcohol into the slot that holds the card