Galaxy S3 Glitching & Going Into Dock and Hands-Free Mode

A

AC Question

My Galaxy S3 keeps acting really strange. The screen will turn on at random times and the battery will show it's being charged when there is no cable in the phone. The phone will also go into either docking or hands-free mode at random times, and nothing I do can get it out of these modes. Sometimes the screen will turn on and enable the double-click listening feature. The screen will also turn on at random times and the screen saver will activate , followed by those "puddles" of waves that happen when you swipe your screen saver. Anyone have experience with this? Is this some kind of virus or something?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 keeps acting really strange. The screen will turn on at random times and the battery will show it's being charged when there is no cable in the phone. The phone will also go into either docking or hands-free mode at random times, and nothing I do can get it out of these modes. Sometimes the screen will turn on and enable the double-click listening feature. The screen will also turn on at random times and the screen saver will activate , followed by those "puddles" of waves that happen when you swipe your screen saver. Anyone have experience with this? Is this some kind of virus or something?

Hello.

This could be many things.

1. It could be a software bug. A factory reset might fix this. If you go this route, backup your files first before doing so.

2. It could be that the phone is damaged internally resulting in odd things happening along with the phone randomly turning on.

3. The digitizer might be damaged, which means that it could be misinterpreting things as touch input.

How old is the phone? Is it rooted?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
It's a couple years old and it's not rooted. Just restarted the phone and am having the same problem. I was hoping to avoid restoring it, but it seems like it's inevitable.

It was simply a suggestion as to what you can try next. Again, if you go that route, back up everything! Photos, music, files, etc.

If you want to backup app data, you might want to try Helium from the play store.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&token=Cn4xym99

It is the only app I know of that can backup app data without root.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member